Monday 4 March 2013

Headspace

I have taken up meditation. I never thought I would be saying those words and not so long ago would have probably laughed at myself. But I have found a form of meditation that works for me in the form of Headspace.

It is a mindful form of meditation and I have downloaded an app that makes it really easy for me to do, and it only takes 10 minutes!

I have tried mindfulness before and it really didn't work for me. In fact it was quite the opposite and made me feel quite agitated and annoyed. This is totally different though. I can see where the mindful elements are, but the whole way that it does just works well for me.

I found out about it in a magazine and thought I would give it a go after how crappy I have been feeling recently. I cannot recommend it enough and have also ordered the book that goes with it. Part of the programme is available for free through the app, but there is also an option to subscribe to more content. Saying that, there is nothing to stop you from repeatedly listening to the Take 10 programme, so doesn't feel like a swiz. I will keep you updated on my meditation journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment